Posted: Dec 10 2016 at 2:00pm | Views: 3301
Coop City Job Ref #: 16-66, Temporary Porter (Coop City Buildings Department)
This job position pays $12.00/hr and is a non-union job.
Responsible for the day to day duties including but not limited to numerous cleaning and restoration duties such as washing, sweeping, mopping, waxing, buffing and stripping of VCT and terrazzo floors.
Responsibilities include cleaning all assigned internal and external areas of the residential Co-op City buildings and/or Shopping Centers.
Seasonal duties, including leaf raking, snow removal and power washing of assigned areas will be required as necessary.
If assigned to Coop City Community Centers, responsibilities include set up and breakdown of community center rooms for various social functions.
Duties will also include responding to emergencies (flood, heavy snow, etc.) throughout the Coop City area as well as the completion of other assignments from supervisor(s) as necessary.
- HS Diploma or equivalent is a plus.
- Working knowledge of janitorial equipment, tools and materials.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time, twist, kneel, push, stoop, climb ladders, work in inclement weather as well as lift and carry up to 80 pounds.
- Must be available for emergency work.
- Bi-lingual is a plus
Days and Hours:
- Drug Screening Test
- Background Check
HOW TO APPLY (choose one):
1. Applications are given out at 2049 Bartow Ave. Bronx, NY 10475 from 9 am - 4 pm.
2. Resumes can be faxed to 718-320-3672 with the Job Title and Job Reference # on the TOP RIGHT CORNER of the resume.
Job Ref: # 16-66
Job Title: Temporary Porter - Coop City Buildings Department
For more information about this Riverbay Co-op City job position, contact Co-op City/Riverbay Corporation human resources department
See additional Co-op City / Riverbay job positions
and also share your job postings